Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

MEET THE FINALIST: The Marine

Aug. 19, 2009

MEET THE FINALIST: The Marine

By: Field & Stream Editor

Chris Reed, 36 - Thompson Station, Tenn.

Reed is certainly not new to big challenges. After all, that’s part of the reason why he joined the Marine Corps. While in the service for about three years, Reed received two meritorious promotions for marksmanship and basic warfare.

Now a realtor, Reed finished second in the Nashville Regional, thanks in large part to his shooting skills. He has shot professional 3D archery for the better part of two decades. Learning to shoot a rifle at 600 to 700 yards while a Marine has certainly helped as well.

As the TOC approaches, Reed has been concentrating mostly on his fishing skills. Hanging out with his two children and playing an acoustic guitar has occupied the rest of his free time (though his wife will say he hasn’t gotten any better with the music in the past five years).

His response to that is the same as it is in outdoors: “A good loser will determine a good winner,” Reed says. ”I don’t have a poor attitude.”

— Lance Madden

Aug. 19, 2009 | Permalink

Comments (3)

All Comments
Top Rated
from Brian Cramer wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

About your quote from above: “A good loser will determine a good winner,” ... I don't know about being a good loser but I do know you're a Great Winner. Congratualations on your 2nd place finish at Nationals and your shooting skills are second to none - way to go. I really enjoyed haveing time to visit with you Saturday evening after the competition. - Cramer

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from ck1reed wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

Thanks Coop...It will be my honor to meet you too.

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from Tom Cooprider wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

Another Marine, there goes the neighborhood, "Go Army"..........Just kidding Man, It's great to have another Veteran, can't wait to meet you.

Coop

0 Good Comment? | | Report

from Tom Cooprider wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

Coop

0 Good Comment? | | Report
from ck1reed wrote 4 years 32 weeks ago

Thanks Coop...It will be my honor to meet you too.

0 Good Comment? | | Report