Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

An Apology...

May 12, 2010

An Apology...

By: John Davis

Working events is a different sort of job: The work is temporary. Most of the business relationships you have are temporary. And you try not to be too attached to any part of it because it can go away as quickly as it came. The TOC is different.

Everyone who knows me knows how I live this gig, but I’m not the only one. Everyone involved seems to love this event the same way I do. So when a mistake that affects the TOC happens, well, honestly, all of us get sick over it.

The mistake was a simple one, but it affected many. A mouse-click-gone-wrong sent the “congrats on making the Regionals” e-mail to the 2009 qualifying list...instead of the 2010 qualifying list. (Apparently, this sort of stuff doesn’t just happen on Wall Street.) Some of those people who received the e-mail had actually made the cut this year, some didn’t even try to qualify (they were probably really confused), and others actually missed the 106 cutoff. I understand the time a lot of the gals and guys put into trying to qualify.

I understand how bad it sucks to be told that you advanced, and then having to hear that you actually didn’t. I’m sorry, I really do feel for y’all, and I hope that you will come back next year.

I’m also sure that the powers-that-be will make sure this never happens again. They don’t like this anymore than I do. We all want the TOC to be the elite outdoors event and will do whatever it is to eliminate problems like this.

We've contacted the people who received the e-mail incorrectly and notified those who qualified to compete this year. If you have any questions about where you stand, the complete list of scores is available here. Please feel free to contact us anytime at info@totaloutdoorsmanchallenge.com.

Once again, I’m sorry some had this happen to them, but I do ask for their understanding.

May 12, 2010 | Permalink

Comments (3)

All Comments
Top Rated
from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Well kyhunter55 I guess no one else agress with us. I have two kids myself and I love to hear them in the background cheering me on and I cheer them on as well as for they competitively shoot archery as well as I do.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from kyhunter55 wrote 3 years 47 weeks ago

TO the TOC staff i agree 100% with gautrey. all the hard work that is put into this event and all the sponors that donate items for the event is greatly appreciated. This is a great event and to have my kids yelling "come on daddy" while i'm competing is just awesome. we all enjoyed the CMA fest last year and can't wait till june. AGAIN THANK YOU for all your hard work. See ya in Nashville.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from gautrey wrote 3 years 47 weeks ago

Hey John,with everything that we as competitors put you guys through every year no apology should be necessary. Yall do an excellent job every year and try to the best of your ability to give us a competition(free of charge)that everyone has an equal and fair chance of winning.So on that note "Hats off to you and the TOC crew". See ya in Grapevine.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report