Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

The Qualifier Results Are In! See If You're Headed to the TOC Regionals.

May 11, 2010

The Qualifier Results Are In! See If You're Headed to the TOC Regionals.

By: John Davis

Scores from the Qualifier round of the Total Outdoorsman Challenge are posted here, and the cut line has been set at 106. Everyone at the cut line and above will receive an official invitation and instructions on how to register for the Regionals.

Every Regional event is limited to 50 competitors. When one fills up, you must select another site. If you have a strong preference of where you compete, register early.

Looking over the score sheets there is a whole slew of folks from Texas and Missouri, so I bet Grapevine and Independence will fill quickly. Those will be fun to watch with a lot of returning Finals competitors and high-scoring rookies.

Nashville should pull a bunch from the Midwestern Qualifiers and always has some wild-eyed Southern boys who make the combo trip with CMA Music Fest. This location was brutal last year. The three that advanced from Nashville last year finished 1, 2, and 6 in the Finals. Watching who goes to Leeds will be interesting. A bunch from this region went to Nashville last year, but I bet they stay at home this time around.

Congratulations to those that advanced and thanks to everyone for playing. Be sure to keep checking the blog for more tips and updates.

May 11, 2010 | Permalink

Comments (40)

All Comments
Top Rated
from gautrey wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

LakePrince we are done in Grapevine. I wish you could have made it. This years courses were extremly tough. I won`t say who the first three going to Dogwood are. Those guys earned it. John and Eric will post the top three soon. I agree with CaptMike. You showed true sportsmanship on the choice that you made. Plus anyone reading this to their kids will show them that even adults believe that an education is very important. So "MY HAT`S OFF TO YOU". Can`t wait to see ya next year.

from Lake Prince wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Its a tough call because I was going to visit with my cousin and see some of the family at the regionals... Unfortunately it's not work related, I actually in an accelerated masters program for school and if I miss any of the days, I run the risk of getting dropped from the program, and just my luck the class and the championship days conflict! Oh well, like ya'll said next year... this was my first ever TOC expierience and I was determined to go all the way. Thanks Capt. Mike for the compliments - Good luck to all those still in the running!

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Lake Prince, Whatever your path might be, It is always refreshing to find someone who uses Ethics and Conscience as a part of their decision-making. You've shown true class in your consideration of the other competitors who did not make the cut. Thanks! Call this year a practice, and get ready to 'smoke-em next year. See you then! Mike

from gautrey wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Lake Prince I really hate to hear that. I would do what Rockwood said and use the time to go fishing and try to get my mind off this until next year.

from Rockwood wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

I'm sorry, I meant to say that Johnny Morris Signature that just went on sale at BPS.

from Rockwood wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

LP, Sounds like you ought to do the smart thing and save your money for a rainey day or even that new curado you've been holding out for. We'd sure like to see you in Grapevine, but not at the cost in front of you. Perhaps you ought to go find a fishin hole and pull out some slabs or put a down payment on that new bow you've been looking at! Im sure you'll make the right choice!

from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Sounds like a fair thought. Sorry to hear that. See you next year unless you can change you plans. As a rookie I would be looking for a new job. Tough deal. Keep us all posted and good luck either way.

from Lake Prince wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

I have a delima. My schedule permits me going to the Regionals, but I cannot attend the Championship event dates. Should I even still go to the Regionals? I dont know if I can stomach $500 just to compete in 3 rounds, knowing even if I do well, I can't reap and benefits and or possibly take someone else's spot who could make the Champioship. What would you do? Making the cut would be sweet, but at what cost...

from jkaatz52 wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Good Luck to everyone at grapevine tomorrow! Two weeks till Independance MO for me.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

Tomarrow is the day everyone. Can`t wait to see everyone. From rookies to veteran`s returning for another year at the T.O.C.. This year looks to be impressive. With Brian Cramer coming back to try to seal the deal again there will be one issue. The 49 other people trying to take his ticket. No pressure huh Brian. See ya tomarrow bud.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

To everyone who will read this. Have a great a great weekend and be safe.

+2 Good Comment? | | Report
from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Nine days and counting. Just enjoy the day and all will be good. Like Brian said if you have any questions just ask. Even the veterans ask questions. Some events change year to year just so we don`t get too comfortable.

from Brian Cramer wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Hey Jay like gautrey just stated ... they divide everyone up into 4 different groups (each goes to a different event). The Blue3 crew that runs the TOC does a great job explaining each event and how it will be scored. Be sure and ask any questions you may have ... the Blue3 guys are great. Just relax - have fun and as John Davis says "just go out there and do what you do". Be sure and stay within your self and pay attention to the details. Good Luck and I hope you do well.
Brian

from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Last year they divided the group into 4 different groups and took us to where we would begin. You will be givin instructions on the event and then wait until they call your name then good luck. Hope this helps Jaybutler.

from Jaybutler wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

michellepurcell, One our my friends is a truck driver and he said that Nashville, TN is flooded badly but the TOC is downtown, and hotels are filling up fast. The best rate we found was $116.00 per night. The word is you are the one to beat..... Have you been to the TOC before? I am looking forward to meeting you in Nashville....

Jay Butler

from Jaybutler wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Brian, this is my first time at the TOC, What should I expect ? I am so excited, can you tell how the day plays out ?

Jay Butler.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

YEP MY BAD. DOGWOOD not Dogcreek. Momentary hickup on my part. See ya on the 5th Brian.

from Brian Cramer wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Gautrey has game and will be one to look out for in Grapevine. But Gautrey ... you gotta know the TOC Nationals are held in Dogwood Canyon (aka: "The Canyon") not DOG CREEK CANYON. I look forward to seeing you on the 5th.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

Good luck in Nashville. You will enjoy the day while you compete against men and women and I`ve heard that michellepurcell is goin to be tough to beat. I hope everyone has a great time and I hope to see the winners in Missouri at DOG CREEK CANYON.

from Jaybutler wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

To all competitors looking for hotels. They are filling up
quickly in Nashville, I booked the Hamton Inn and I had to pay $116.00 per night. My first time to TOC what should I expect ?

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

To all competitors looking for hotels. I've found that the hampton inn / suites in mount juliet has rooms available for @ $80 per night. Orbitz seems to have the better rates. Hope some can use the info. The CMA fest sure limits the room availibility! Good luck to all, s/ Mike

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

Michelle,in past regionals all competition equipment has been provided , EXCEPT your archery release. Depending upon how much you can pack I've brought most of my own gear just to practice and to get rid of the "jitters". Remember-- the gear will be provided- John, will someone refresh us on the equipment handling procedures for the regionals? Thanks! Mike
P.S. Michelle, I will post some travel ideas this P.M. I am based in Winter Park, and will travel from here. shoot me an e-mail at truenativecapt@earthlink.net and we can chat Mike

from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

Good luck Michelle I don't think I am giving my boss a choice. Jobs are hard to come by but so is this. At least our hard work will show.

from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

I am glad to see most of my questions and concerns are shared with us all. As well as the excitment. i can't get enough info, tips and details. Like the first time in a Bass Proshop store. Big kids "toys r us" " I don't want to grow up" Good Luck to all the Regional Qualifiers. I'm headed to Grapevine...

from ematee wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

Fig -
When you register - the web page should say "thanks for registering". That is your confirmation. We have you in the system. Everyone will get a follow up email about a week prior to his or her event with further instructions.

from fignewton1@cox.net wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

I registered to go to Leeds, Alabama but have not been sent a confirmation. Will they send a confirmation?

from michellepurcell wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Hey Guys,
My boss gave me the ok to take off work.Hurray. Nashville is the closest location coming from Fl but I'm concerned about the aftermath form the flooding. Is there anywhere decent to stay that is nearby and won't break a school teacher's wallet? Also, what equipment do we need to bring or is everything provided? I can't wait!

from John Davis wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

The page is having problems. I'm not nearly geeky enoungh to know how to fix it, but someone who is, is working at it. In the meantime, please send the info to toc.info.com and Eric will do it manually. He has a ton he is working on, but he will get it done. He usually sends a reply to let you know when he is finished. I'm sure several have been completed and have gotten their response. It may take a day or two, but he will work to accomadate everyone.

from Lake Prince wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Is anyone else having trouble with the qualifier page loading? It keeps crashing for me.

from michellepurcell wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

I couldn't register either. Wouldn't take my email address. Hope I get a response. I would like to go to Nashville. I'm still pumped up!

from Lake Prince wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

I got my email! heck yea, I tried registering, but had an error with my email address, so I replied to the info@... link. Hopefully that will reserve my spot in the regionals! Excited for my first TOC expierence.

from michellepurcell wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Thanks Capt. Mike for the boost of encouragement. I am so excited and so are my kids. We were all screaming. Can't wait. This is going to be so much fun!

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

COOL. Bring on the competition.

from John Davis wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Last years Finalists get auto bids to Regionals, except for Boatwright, Reed, and Sappington who are already headed back to the Finals as last year's top three. There will be a few Thompsons, Coopriders, Mosbys, etc., etc., at every Regional.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Hey guys and gals unless i missed something here,but please correct me if I am wrong. I just went through all of last years finalist and looked up their names on the qualifying list and none of them are on there. Could this mean that there will be fresh faces in the finals. I think Boatwright gets an automatic bid because he was champ last year. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Congratulations Michelle P. from Orlando! I'm glad that you have made the cut! Keep up the practice, my girls are rooting for you! P.S. great archery photo! s/ Michael

from jkaatz52 wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

try emailing info@totaloutdoorsmanchallenge.com and unblocking them from your email. They were very quick in responding to me and got me registered right away.

from McKnight wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Does anyone know when the official emails will be sent. I see in other posts that people have received them, just haven't gotten one or deleted it in the spam box before I was looking for it. Can't find a contact person on this site, so was just curious. If there's a way to sign up outside the email, would like to know - also can't find anything on the site bout that.

from goldbukl wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

right away

-1 Good Comment? | | Report
from Stephen Martucci wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

When can we register if we know we have made the cut off.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

To everyone who will read this. Have a great a great weekend and be safe.

+2 Good Comment? | | Report
from jkaatz52 wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

from ematee wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

Fig -

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 44 weeks ago

from Brian Cramer wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Brian

from gautrey wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

from Rockwood wrote 3 years 42 weeks ago

from Stephen Martucci wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

When can we register if we know we have made the cut off.

from McKnight wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

from Capt. Mike wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

from John Davis wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

COOL. Bring on the competition.

from michellepurcell wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago