Please Sign In

Please enter a valid username and password
» Not a member? Take a moment to register
» Forgot Username or Password

This Year's Skills Course Explained...Sort Of

May 17, 2010

This Year's Skills Course Explained...Sort Of

By: John Davis

The Skills course will require competitors to complete four tasks that are unknown until the day of competition. Two minutes is the desired average, so look for each task to take around 30 seconds to complete. The course will change at each of the Regional sites, so if you plan on doing some recon, don’t expect the skills to be the same.

Generally, each course will have one skill from hunting, fishing, survival, and camping. To shake things up, the crew may make the course with double of one and none of another. Can’t let y’all get too comfortable!

I don’t want to give away too much so no specifics, but if you’re that guy (or gal) who can tie a Bimini twist as easily as you set decoys to wind direction, you will smash this course.

May 17, 2010 | Permalink

Comments (8)

All Comments
Top Rated
from gautrey wrote 3 years 43 weeks ago

Hey michellepurcell get ready for the competition. It was not easy. Keep a cool, level head and don`t get nervous. if you have any questions just ask. Hope to see ya in Dogwood- gautrey.

from 9pointer wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

michellepurcell im going to nashville also. we stay in brentwood at the redroof inn. its nice and safe,and they have a pool with good rates. we stayed there last year it was nice .its about 10 min away from nashville ,but its very easy to get to the competion. hope this helps if uneed more info let me know

from michellepurcell wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Hey, Can someone tell me where to stay in Nashville? I'm driving up from Florida with my son and want to stay in a safe area. My boys never stop giving mom advise. whew!

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Yep it has been. I`ve already been out practicing today and will everyday until competition. Watchout for those deer in madisonville and centerville, they like to jump out in front of me when I travel down there. My brother and I will be there early at basspro. Hope to see ya there.

from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Good luck to you as well. I will also be at Grapevine. I'm comming up from the Houston area. Looks to be a blast.

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Grapevine,TX. I havent heard if it is going to be a packed house or not. Where ever you plane to go try to be early. From last year it got buzy quick and tends to get a little crazy. It starts about 9am. I try to get there around 8:30 so I can get an idea on what is goin to take place. Hopefully it will not be as windy as last year. GOOD LUCK.

from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Ditto... Where are you doing Regionals ?

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

It sure has been quiet on here. I guess everyone has been out practicing. I have been doin that myself. you wouldn`t believe what me and my brother have been doin to get ready. Everything from knotts to casting at targets and having the other stand in front of it and hitting the target. Archery will be fun and shooting will be interesting. I wish we could get this goin. Can`t wait for regionals.

+1 Good Comment? | | Report

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

+1 Good Comment? | | Report
from Hunter boy wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago

Ditto... Where are you doing Regionals ?

from gautrey wrote 3 years 45 weeks ago